Wahoo! The Fox Island Community and Recreation Association (FICRA) is hosting (with much love and support from our community) the very first annual 5K Santa Run and Kids’ Jingle Dash on Sunday, December 12th. Santa Run begins at 9:00 a.m. at the Nichols Community Center. The Jingle Dash, for 12 years and under, at 10:30 a.m. on the Nichols Community Center track. We will have professional timekeepers for those that are wanting to mark their “best” time.
Whether you run, walk, jog or just plan to be an exuberant cheerleader, the 5K course runs from the Nichols Community Center to the Chapel and back, a perfect 3.1 miles (5K). We will host a coffee and donut truck at the Nichols Community Center to get your morning rolling and blood pumping! We can only have a limited number of participants so be sure to sign up early. Parking will not be available at the Nichols Community Center, so we have arranged for transportation from the Alliance Church parking lot by shuttle (as we have done in the past for the Fair).
Santa Run 5k – $20
Jingle Dash – $10
Registrations include a T-Shirt & Jingle Bell
Register by Nov. 18th for t-shirt size ordering!
Sign up on our RunSignup page.
Save this event on your calendar. Let’s send our runners off with a big island attendance!
Register early… you know you want to!
We Need Volunteers to Help Out…
We also need folks to help out with the event:
- Street Safety Flaggers (25 needed) – Provide safety along the 5k route on Dec 12. (Required to also meet Dec 11 @ 6pm to plan and download “Walkie-Talkie” app to phone)
- Cheer Squad! (20 needed) – People needed to cheer on the 5K and Kids Jingle Dash participants
- Fire Tenders (2 needed) – Fire pit supervisors (keep the fire going and safe)
- Assist with the Kids Jingle Dash (5 needed) – People to assist with the Kids Jingle Dash / Event at the NCC
- Assist with 5k bib pick-up (3 needed) – People needed to assist giving out bib/number at NCC on Dec 11 (5pm-8pm)
Volunteer signups are here.