FICRA BOARD MEETING MINUTES
April 13, 2017
Board Attendees: Jim Braden, Hal Goodell, Denise Parrish, Mimi Miller, Deb Pishek and Lesley Murphy were in attendance. Howard Stapleton was excused.
The meeting was called to order at 8:20 by Hal Goodell.
Minutes from the March 9, 2017 Board Meeting were approved.
President’s Report: None
Consent Calendar: The FICRA 2017 Budget (as published in the agenda and on the website) was approved.
Treasurer’s Report: Mimi Miller
- FICRA Checking 1 balance- $38,098.51 Mar. 31 balance- $37,725.69
- FICRA Money Market 1 balance- $18,633.62 Mar. 31 balance- $18,635.20
- FICRA Pay Pal 1 balance- $395.59 Mar. 31 balance- $721.51
- Membership as of 4/10/17 – 359
- Publicity Committee – The Board commended Lisa Stapleton for her diligent work.
- Social Committee
- The Easter Egg Hunt is Saturday. Volunteers are needed to put up signs and distribute eggs beginning at 8:00 AM. We will also have the Jelly Bean Guess and two face painters. The food is ready to go.
- There was a recital of string music – The music performed by youth aged 6-17 was fantastic.
- Membership Committee – We are coming up on the end of the year. Any new memberships will be applied to next year. The July mailing will go out to current members plus members from the previous two years for a gentle reminder on dues.
Ray Kittelberger suggested we set up a booth at the bridge meeting. Ray is also working on a welcome packet that may be available at the May 2nd bridge meeting for new member signups. The rest will go to the Post Office for new residents. The packet will be in a plastic bag with a directory plus information on Citizens Patrol, Emergency Preparedness, the Chapel and Museum.
- Student speaker contest – Ray Kittelberger reported that the contest took place Tuesday night. There were three participants, three awards, and three judges. Written essays were submitted ahead of time. The students presented many new ideas to increase youth involvement. It was suggested that winners be announced on the FICRA Facebook page, FICRA website and the Flash.
- First prize – $1,000 Emily Nold
- Second prize – $750 Noelle Roberts
- Third prize – $250 Tristan Thomas
- Easter Egg Hunt – April 15th. Contact Jim if you are able to help.
- Spring Clean Up – April 22nd 9-2. Please contact Carolyn if you can volunteer so she knows how much soup to make.
- Bridge Update meeting – at Fox Island Alliance Church May 2nd at 5:30 PM
The meeting was adjourned at 8:55. The next meeting will be on May 11th.