FICRA BUILDING TRUST
AGENDA (draft 12-4)
12/10/2015 FICRA Building Trust Board Meeting
Nichols Community Center, Fox Island, Wa.
FICRA Trust Board of Directors
Jim Braden, President
Tony Moore, Vice President
Gina Olson, Secretary
Hal Goodell, Treasurer
Ray Kittelberger, Director
- Call to order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Recognitions, sign in, volunteer hours
- Approval of November 12, 2015 FICRA Building Trust minutes
- President’s Report
- Consent Calendar
- Treasurer’s Report/Finance Committee (budget amendments, budget posting, & separate bank acc’ts for Capital & Reserve)
- Committee Reports (5 minutes each, max)
- Crime Watch Committee
- Emergency Planning
- Building Committee
- Nature Center Committee
- Special Committees
- Audit Committee
- Unfinished Business
- Planning calendar development & web site development
- Status of “School House Rock”(pick a project to assist in sponsors, etc.)
- Intern status
- New Business
- Selection of Capital project as poster project for School House Rock
- Rental rates
- Student speaker contest (see comments on back of this page)
- Web site hosting & domain costs
- Meeting Adjournment (next meeting January 14, 2016)
CONSENT CALENDAR (These are items that will be approved as a package unless a Board member or person from the audience requests an item be removed and discussed in detail individually. The President will ask for any such requests ahead of the approval.) The Board discusses what it considers to be non-controversial issues between meetings and then conducts a vote on these in the regular meeting as a package to keep the regular meetings as time-effective as possible.
- Approve $1,500 for framing the Emergency Planning Communications Room.
I have asked Jim to place on the agenda for the November meeting since based on last year’s experience we need to be on the same cycle as the high school scholarship program which starts in January and ends April 30th. There are other organizations on Fox Island. e.g. Chapel that participate in the high school program but I’m not sure if they receive the recognition that they deserve. So I ask the following questions for you to consider before entering the 2016 scholarship program and before our November meeting:
-Advisability to run a joint Fox Island student speaker contest?
-Combine a Membership Meeting with the Student Speaker Contest?
Either one would be combined with a social event. Participation could be greater and recognition increased. Thanks for the consideration.